Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 days of Yoga



This past Saturday I was told I have 12 classes available in my membership before it expires on December 29th. I’m excited to begin my own personal challenge that in the spirit of the holidays I will be calling:

‘The Twelve Days of Yoga’.

A gift to myself, as I will be practicing every other day for two weeks then three days in a row. I feel a little selfish taking so much of my time for ‘me’, but hey it’s Christmas. I’m going to splurge.

To add to the festivity I had to write a song to go with it:



The Twelve Days of Yoga 

On the first day of yoga, my teacher gave to me a standing bow with a locked knee…

On the twelfth day of yoga, my teacher gave to me:
Twelve standing postures
Eleven locusts lifting
Ten lords a pulling
Nine ladies stretching
Eight breaths a breathing
Seven umbrellas breaking
Six toes a standing
Five ben-gal tigers
Four one tailed cobras
Three gazing eyes
Two (.5) tortoise poses
And a standing bow with a locked knee.

Feel free to add your own ... I feel these could be better ...

No comments:

Post a Comment